Ultra high net worth individuals are discerning and fickle shoppers so, once you have their attention, it is best to make sure they are whipped up into a frenzy of spending.
That is the theory behind a growing trend for cross-collectible auctions where art enthusiasts are tempted with baubles from Graff, Tiffany and Chanel or watches from Rolex, Audemars Piguet, F. P. Journe, Panerai, and Breguet.
Phillips in Hong Kong has just such a sale, named Intersect, which is taking place online from March 23 to 30.
Among the 115 lots presented will be art from Banksy, Damien Hirst, Yoshitomo Nara, and Javier Calleja along with desirable timepieces and fine jewels.
Leading the sale is an exceptional platinum Patek Philippe world time wristwatch with cloisonné enamel dial and platinum bracelet, offered in singled sealed condition (Estimate: HK$1.1-1.8 million). This watch evolved from a long line of horological masterpieces and world time wristwatches reaching back almost ninety years.
Composite image at the top of the page includes:
- Damien Hirst, Mickey (Blue Glitter), 2016, Estimate: HK$150,000-250,000
- Damien Hirst, Minnie (Pink Glitter), 2016, Estimate: HK$150,000-250,000
- Daniel Arsham x Dior, Future Relic D.I.O.R. Eroded Letters, 2020, Estimate: HK$60,000-80,000
- Daniel Arsham x Dior, Future Relic Eroded Clock, 2020, Estimate: HK$100,000-150,000
- Audemars Piguet white ceramic chronograph wristwatch, Circa 2014, Estimate: HK$ 170,000-320,000
- F. P. Journe Chronomètre Bleu tantalum wristwatch, Circa 2014, Estimate: HK$ 190,000-350,000
- GRAFF, A Pair of Ruby and Diamond Ear Pendants, Estimate: HK$160,000-260,000 (offered with no reserve)
- GRAFF, A Ruby and Diamond Pendent Necklace, Estimate: HK$ 50,000-80,000 (offered with no reserve)
- A Tanzanite and Diamond Pendant Necklace, Estimate: HK$ 50,000-80,000
- A Diamond Bracelet, Estimate: HK$100,000-200,000