Design-driven Swiss watchmaker Rado has continued to champion excellence in design with the third edition of its Rado Star Prize US.
The competition features creations based on the concept of “Design Inspired by Nature,” a theme selected with the goal of exploring the influence nature can have on design.
A specialist jury, comprised of members of the design and watch communities, selected ten finalists to display their concepts at WantedDesign Manhattan during NYCxDESIGN.
The ten finalists and their creations revealed in the release are:
• GlowHerbs by Mariam Turkey
• Pinched Ottoman by Ian Barsanti
• The Mantis by Joel Esposito
• Lux Naturals by Shona Neari
• Le Vase by Do Yoon Kim
• Argillite by Caroline Kable
• Felted Concrete by Susy Weave IG
• LINHA Planter Stand by Filipe Ramos
• Morpho Helmet by Jie Qian
• Snug Stone by Janine Wang
The winner of the competition will be announced at the Rado Star Prize exhibit opening cocktail on Friday May 18, and will receive $5,000 in prize money to fund upcoming projects as well as a Rado True Thinline timepiece.
An additional prix du public winner will be selected through online voting during the exhibit from the remaining finalists and will also receive a Rado timepiece.