Oris has added a green dial option to its vintage-inspired Divers Sixty-Five. The 42mm stainless steel watch joins the blue-dialled version of the same watch launched at Baselworld in the spring.
Oris revived the Divers Sixty-Five collection in 2015, 60 years after it was first introduced in an era when divers like Jacques Cousteau, Hans Hass and Christian J. Lambertsen were household names.
Oris updated the look of the original, retaining a number of retro details, including its slim line case, thin bezel with 60-minute scale, and trapezoid date window.
At the same time, the current Divers Sixty-Five has all the enhancements of a 21st century watch. The bezel with its black aluminium inlay is unidirectional; the bubble-curved glass is made of sapphire crystal with an anti-reflective coating inside; and the hands and hour markers are filled with Super-LumiNova in place of the tritium used in the 1960s.
Inside its multi-piece stainless steel case is an Oris Cal. 733 Swiss-made automatic movement.
The 2016 collection is the first to have a green dial, giving the current Divers Sixty-Five a fresh look.
The watch has four strap and bracelet options: black rubber, brushed stainless steel, distressed vintage leather, or a retro green and black NATO textile strap.
Finishing off the vintage look is the case back, which is engraved with Oris’s historic shield, the company’s emblem during the 1960s.
Price ranges from CHF 1,900 on a strap, CHF 2,100 on metal bracelet.
- Automatic movement Oris Cal. 733, based on Sellita SW 200-1, with date at 3 o’clock
- Multi-piece stainless steel case and screw-in stainless steel crown
- Water resistant to 10 bar/100m
- Diver’s uni-directional rotating bezel with black aluminium inlay with
- 60-minute timer and zero marker filled with Super-LumiNova
- Bubble-curved sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
- Screwed stainless steel case back engraved with historic Oris shield emblem
- Green, curved dial with applied indices filled with Super-LumiNova.
- Hour, minute and seconds hands filled with Super-LumiNova
- Available on a black rubber strap, a stainless steel bracelet, a brown vintage leather strap or a green/black textile NATO strap with adjustable stainless steel folding clasp