Home LEAD STORY

LVMH in talks to buy Tiffany

0
5th Ave, Midtown, NYC

LVMH has confirmed rumours that it is in preliminary talks to buy America’s most iconic jeweler Tiffany & Co.

A statement from LVMH came after business media reported that the French luxury group had tabled a $14.5 billion offer to buy the company.

“The LVMH Group confirms that it has held preliminary discussions regarding a possible transaction with Tiffany,” a brief statement says.

Advertisement

Tiffany & Co. notched sales of $4.4 billion in 2018.

It says 92% of its turnover from the world-wide sale of jewelery. The remaining 8% is made up from timepieces, home and accessories, and fragrances.

The group has more than 300 stores around the world, which could provide a route to market for other LVMH brands including TAG Heuer, Hublot, Zenith and even Bulgari.

Previous articleCORDER’S COLUMN: Swatch Group and Calvin Klein’s divorce should surprise nobody
Next articleA. Lange & Söhne unleashes a $29,000 steel sports watch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here