Girard-Perregaux is set to release a limited-edition DLC timepiece at BaselWorld, featuring a bi-axial tourbillon.
The new Tourbillon Bi-Axial Titane DLC will be limited to just eight pieces, boasting a slick black DLC coating on its lightweight titanium movement.
The timepieces features two concentric cages enabling the regulating organ to perform multidimensional rotations.
An inner carriage housing the balance, the balance-spring and the escapement, spins once around its axis every 45 seconds; while an outer carriage makes a full turn in one minute and fifteen seconds, thus enabling a rotation around a second axis.
The Tourbillon Bi-Axial Titane DLC also showcases the brand’s signature bridges, designed in homage to Constant Girard, his original designs and later research that gave rise to the Girard-Perregaux’s Tourbillon with Three Gold Bridges.
– Mechanical hand-wound movement, GPE0201 calibre, Bi-Axial Tourbillon, 28 jewels
– 72-hour power reserve; two co-axial barrels, barrel bridges and centre bridge in 18ct white gold
– Black DLC-coated 45mm titanium case
– Sapphire crystal and sapphire caseback
– Alligator strap with folding clasp