The London Watch Show is hosting a powerful line up of seminars, delivering vital insight into market trends, technical innovations, security and advanced sales and marketing techniques.
Plus, there is an exciting awards ceremony at midday on Sunday honouring unsung heroes of the retail industry in the Professional Jeweller Shop Floor Stars Awards.
The full line up of seminars and events is:
• 12.00 – Georgia O’Keefe from Look-C
Georgia will be informing retailers about the ever increasing role and importance of social media as a channel of communication to the end consumer.
• 13.30 – Debbie Barrow from Virada
Debbie is from Virada, which is an award-winning training provider that specialises in multi-cultural selling, which is an incredibly useful tool for modern watch retailers and jewellers.
• 15.00 – The future of independent watchmaking
As the big watch manufacturers continue to restrict supply of the spare parts needed to service their watches on the open market, our panel discusses the potential impact on independent service centres and the likely implications on the cost to consumers.
10.45 – Jonathan Hedges of GfK
Jonathan Hedges, fashion and lifestyle account director for industry analysts GfK, takes a look at the current UK watch market, identifying consumer trends and decoding sales figures. A vital business tool that will help you make commercial decisions in the months to come.
• 12.00 – Professional Jeweller Shop Floor Stars awards
• Professional Jeweller’s inaugural Shop Floor Stars campaign will reveal its 19 finalists and one overall winner during a champagne awards ceremony. Created to highlight the incredible work of sales professionals and customer service champions, Shop Floor Stars invites retailers, brand managers and sales agents to meet our winners and find out more about the initiative.
• 14.00 – Manufacturing in the UK
Switzerland has been the home of watchmaking for countless generations, with the Far East becoming vital to the industry for high volume production in recent decades. WatchPro talks to the people producing watches and clocks in the UK using both traditional techniques and high technology solutions.
• 15.30 – Crime prevention
Specialist officers from the Metropolitan Police’s Flying Squad discuss the impact of crime on the watch and jewellery trade, how to minimise your chances of being targeted by thieves, what systems can be introduced to deter them and how to react if you are caught up in the middle of a robbery.