Bulgari CEO Jean-Christophe Babin is the sort of optimist and business leader the world needs right now.
Italy’s cases and hospitalizations for covid have dropped to Floridian levels in recent weeks, so Bulgari is back out holding sensational events.
Mr Babin and his team are the driving force behind Geneva Watch Days, which launched in the summer of last year and will take place again in August.
Over the weekend Bulgari was out in force again with a stunning showcase of its latest fine jewelry and high end watches in Milan.
The Roman jeweler says it is “contributing to the city’s re-birth, after the dark times of the pandemic”.
While global events like the Oscars and Golden Globes have been shadows of their best selves for the past two years, Bulgari made a statement that it would not be cowed with a spectacular event at Milan’s famous La Scala Theater for a private concert directed by Pietro Mianiti.
During the concert, some of Giuseppe Verdi, Giacomo Puccini and Vincenzo Bellini’s most famous compositions were performed offering an authentic Italian opera experience.
Brand Ambassadors Lily Aldrige, Chiara Ferragni, Ester Expósito and many more turned out for what is one of the most glamorous events held anywhere in the world so far this year.
The following day, in the garden of the Bulgari Hotel in Milan, the company unveiled some of the most exclusive watches and jewelry — all part of the same Magnifica collection — at an al fresco lunch.
Octo Roma Naturalia watches
Octo Roma Naturalia Onyx
- Mechanical manufacture movement with tourbillon, BVL 206, with manual winding decorated with black onyx (thin slide in-between the skeletonized components, and indexes on top of the caliber’s bridges)
- 44 mm sandblasted titanium with black DLC treatment case and crown, transparent case back
- Bezel set with baguette-cut onyx
- Middle case in black onyx
- Black alligator strap with titanium folding buckle with black DLC treatment
Octo Roma Naturalia Malachite
- Mechanical manufacture movement with tourbillon, BVL 206, with manual winding decorated with malachite (thin slide in-between the skeletonized components, and indexes on top of the caliber’s bridges)
- 44 mm satin-polished rose gold case and crown, transparent case back
- Middle case in malachite
- Green alligator strap with rose gold folding buckle
Octo Roma Naturalia Lapis Lazuli
- Mechanical manufacture movement with tourbillon, BVL 206, with manual winding decorated with lapis lazuli (thin slide in-between the skeletonized components, and indexes on top of the caliber’s bridges)
- 44 mm satin-polished platinum case, white gold crown, transparent case back
- Bezel and lugs set with baguette-cut diamonds
- Middle case in lapis lazuli
- Blue alligator strap with platinum folding buckle set with baguette-cut diamonds
Michelin-starred chef Niko Romito seduced guests at the launch with a special menu and Beatrice Venezi, the youngest orchestra conductor in Italy, entertained the audience with a live performance.
Among the celebrities that attended the event, there were Ester Exposito, Lily De Wittgenstein, Solange Smith, Vittoria Puccini, Lily Aldrige, Anna Cleveland, Jaime Lorente, Alessandro Borghi, Serenay Sarikaya, Tamu McPherson, Nieves Alavrez, Alessio Lapice, Svetlana Khodechenkova, Alejandro Speitzer, Tanja Lacroix and Leo Gassman.