By Hallie Engel
Music lovers looking to keep time should check out the Son of Sound, a bold new watch with a case shaped like a guitar head from Artya, set to be unveiled at BaselWorld.
Inspired by the look of a classic guitar, the watch follows the Son of Earth, which featured butterfly wings, the Son of Gears with its in-house complications, and Son of a Gun, studded with authentic bullet cartridges.
Small tuning pegs flank each side of the watch face, while the Son of Sound’s hands sweep over separate discs for the hours and minutes.
Artya describes the watch as “daring…slightly crazy,” and notably rich in the brand’s unique DNA.
– Automatic movement with ArtyA-007 calibre
– Retrograde hours and minutes, chronograph
– 18ct pink gold and titanium case shaped like a guitar head
– Four pushers shaped like tuning pegs
– Brown crocodile strap with 18ct pink gold pin